AppArmor 3.1.5 is a bug fix release of the user space components of the AppArmor security project. The kernel portion of the project is maintained and pushed separately.
This version of the userspace should work with all kernel versions from 2.6.15 and later (some earlier version of the kernel if they have the apparmor patches applied).
This release fixes a regression in 3.1.4 introduced by the fix to mount rule generations.
Obtaining the Release
There are two ways to obtain this release either through gitlab or a tarball in launchpad.
Important note: the gitlab release tarballs differ from the launchpad release tarballs. The launchpad release tarball has a couple processing steps already performed:
autogen.shis already done, meaning distros only need to use ./configure in their build setup
- the docs for everything but libapparmor have already been built
- sha256sum: a7cf4b792dd88eb1ac18104b246529662a8a66b733c3392daa2b384bbfa064f8
- signature: https://launchpad.net/apparmor/3.1/3.1.5/+download/apparmor-3.1.5.tar.gz.asc
- signature sha256sum: e09e813bf7314c034bc5979167332dcee8b7de57bea17b09548413a2827fe8b9
Changes in this Release
These release notes cover all changes between 3.1.4 (e5a3c03357df1c279a529f8bd8ac0b82e26b427f) and 3.1.5 (3c5d40e84a7bed499e5de36dbe91557e2d302606) on the apparmor-3.1 branch.
Policy Compiler (a.k.a apparmor_parser)
- fix parsing of source as mount point for propagation type flags (MR:1048, LP:1648245, LP:1648245)
- Fix use-after-free of ‘name’ (MR:1040)
- Fix order of if conditions to avoid unreachable code (MR:1039)
- Fix invalid json output (MR:1046)